Welsh Harp Sailing Club Back to Sailing and Windsurfing Step 2: 12th April 2021
From Monday 12th April 2021, in line with Government and RYA guidance, we take the next step and whilst still strongly encouraging members to change outside, we are able to open up the changing rooms with constraints. This means we are also able to start some training later in April.
As ever, we ask members and visitors to the club to follow the covid guidelines. The latest amendments are regarding the changing rooms, safety boats, training and parents waiting for their children. For your ease, we have highlighted these new guidelines in RED.
- Self symptom check before you leave home - please stay at home if you feel unwell and always asses your personal risk to fellow members.
- Sanitise hands on arrival and be mindful of the need to keep hands washed / sanitised throughout your time at The Harp.
- Register your attendance at the club for test and trace
- by the signing on sheet in the North Building for dinghy racing
- through Webcollect for dinghy & windsurf coaching and other club organised https://webcollect.org.uk/whsc/category/dinghy-sailing-courses
- through the windsurfing WhatsApp group and the NHS test and trace QR code in the windsurfing store for leisure windsurfing
- by scanning the NHS test and trace QR code in the clubhouse for leisure dinghy sailing
- Club boats may be used at any time for racing, training and leisure sailing; for each use they must be booked out, left safe for the next user by washing down thoroughly with soapy water & rinsing and damage must be logged
- for Tuesday and Saturday racing, please book GPs and Lasers via https://dutyman.biz/dm/B0001538/wbyZYWLr/x
- for Plain Sailing and leisure sailing, please book out GPs and Lasers via this link to a google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oMoqI2AEBnmbs-tL_E15-kW7QPSOxE3c5A3rk7LFEsk/edit?usp=sharing
- to log any issues with club boats or safety boats, please use this link to a google doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A6LuHJRoV77T5rOwSEVOX6GrXFBg6w5iVsNRx4ia6m8/edit?usp=sharing
- With the exception of toilets and changing rooms, the clubhouses are closed to members. Those carrying out duties may access equipment such as boat keys, radios Masks must be warn at all times indoors. Access is permitted in the case of emergencies. Please see item 10 below for guidelines about use of changing rooms.
- Maintain social distancing and remember the rule of six applies / two households at all times when outside socialising; there is no socialising inside.
- Club organised outside coaching / teaching sessions and debriefs come under the government’s organised sport guidance and are not subject to the rule of 6 / two households but social distancing and all other measures still
- Please only sail / windsurf in conditions that suit your skill level; ensure you are able to right your craft and return to shore unaided under the prevailing weather Dinghy sailors please use a suitable mast head float.
- Organised Saturday and Tuesday dinghy racing will be in accordance with the published notice; normal duties will continue including safety Please bring your own refreshments.
- We still ask you to change at home or outside however the changing rooms are now open. Please wear masks, socially distance, minimise your time in them and open the windows when necessary. The outside WC under WSC is still available.
Changing rooms are returning their normal locations and the following capacity limits apply:
Women’s South Building - 4 changing + 2WC
Men’s South Building - 6 changing + 2WC
Female Family North Building - 2 changing
Male Family North Building - 4 changing
- Safety cover - maintain 2m distance between crews from more than one household. When rescuing a person from the water, wear a face mask - please take your own or disposable masks are provided in the safety boat dry boxes.
- Training - Children - For outdoor training, numbers are unlimited but social distance must be maintained at all times. Indoor briefing is allowed for up to 15 under 18s with masks and social distancing.
- Training - Adults - Training must take place outside and numbers are unlimited but social distance must be maintained at all times.
- Parents remaining on site to supervise their children must remain outside and observe the rule of 6 / two households and socially distance.