Welsh Harp Sailing Club Back to Sailing and Windsurfing Step 3: 17th May 2021
From Monday 17th May 2021, in line with Government and RYA guidance, we take the next step and will start using the communal area of the South Clubhouse.
As ever, we ask members and visitors to the club to follow the covid guidelines. The latest amendments are regarding the communal areas, changing rooms, recording your attendance and social gathering sizes. For your ease, we have highlighted these new guidelines in RED.
- Self symptom check before you leave home - please stay at home if you feel unwell and always asses your personal risk to fellow members.
- Sanitise hands on arrival and be mindful of the need to keep hands washed and sanitised throughout your time at The Harp.
- Register your attendance at the club for test and trace:
- by the signing on sheet in the North Building for dinghy racing
- through Webcollect for dinghy & windsurf coaching and other club organised HERE
- through the windsurfing WhatsApp group and the NHS test and trace QR code in the windsurfing store for leisure windsurfing
- by scanning the NHS test and trace QR code in the clubhouse for leisure dinghy sailing or by noting your name and telephone number on the sheet at the entrance to the South Clubhouse. All attendance records will be kept for a minimum of 21 days.
- Club boats may be used at any time for racing, training and leisure sailing; for each use they must be booked out, left safe for the next user by washing down thoroughly with soapy water & rinsing and any damage must be logged
- for Tuesday and Saturday racing, please book GPs and Lasers via THIS LINK
- for Plain Sailing and leisure sailing, please book out GPs and Lasers via this link to a google doc HERE
- to log any issues with club boats or safety boats, please use this link to a google doc HERE
- The clubhouses are now open to members. Social distancing must be maintained at all times and a face covering worn when standing, queuing or moving around the main communal area. Tea, cakes and food may be served from the counter. Food and drinks may be consumed sitting at tables in groups of 6 or 2 households inside, or taken outside. No mixing between groups of 6. The bar is closed until further notice. See item 10 for information about changing rooms.
- Maintain social distancing and remember the rule of six or two households applies at all times when socialising inside. Outside the rule of 30 applies. No mixing between groups.
- Club organised outside coaching and teaching sessions and debriefs come under the government’s organised sport guidance and are not subject maximum limits but social distancing and all other measures still apply.
- Please only sail or windsurf in conditions that suit your skill level; ensure you are able to right your craft and return to shore unaided under the prevailing weather Dinghy sailors please use a suitable mast head float.
- Organised Saturday and Tuesday dinghy racing will be in accordance with the published notice; normal duties will continue, including safety
- We still ask you to change at home or outside however the changing rooms are now open. Please socially distance, minimise your time in them and open the windows when possible. The outside WC under WSC is still available. Changing rooms are returning their normal locations and the following capacity limits apply:
- Women’s South Building - 4 changing + 2WC
- Men’s South Building - 6 changing + 2WC
- Female Family North Building - 2 changing
- Male Family North Building - 4 changing
- Safety cover - maintain 2m distance between crews from more than one household. When rescuing a person from the water, wear a face mask - please take your own or disposable mask, however, masks are provided in the safety boat dry boxes as a backup
- Training - children. For outdoor training, numbers are unlimited but social distancing must be maintained at all times. Indoor briefing is allowed for up to 15 under 18s with masks and social distancing
- Training - adults. Training must take place outside and numbers are unlimited but social distancing must be maintained at all times.
Revised: 25 May 2021: item 6, “Maintain social distancing and remember the rule of six applies / two households at all times when socialising inside.” replaces “Maintain social distancing and remember the rule of six applies / two households at all times when outside socialising inside.”