CORONA VIRUS UPDATE
Activities at The Welsh Harp
The main points summarised are:
From Thursday 21st May the Welsh Harp will be open to members with the following restrictions:
• Access allowed to our site the boat park, launch beaches and water for leisure sailing and windsurfing with specific restrictions
• No access to any other parts of the site, including clubhouse, garages, race hut etc.
• No gatherings allowed
• Members MUST be conversant with the requirements of the Risk Assessment document >> READ HERE
• Use of club equipment strictly forbidden until further notice
• Very limited access to the toilets, we recommend for emergencies only, 1 person at a time and with specific restrictions including face coverings to be worn whilst inside.Toilets is located on the left hand side of the Wembley SC building.
• We encourage members to come sailing outside our regular days and times to avoid overcrowding of the site.
• For your safety and of our Maintenance Team please avoid Tuesday Mornings to allow for all necessary repair and up keeping works(grass cutting etc.)
• There will be no safety boat cover on site. Members must only go on the water if they are comfortable with the conditions and capable of looking after themselves within the restrictions of social distancing. It is not only yourself that is put at risk if you get into difficulty.
Exercise for at least 3 fingers and with plenty of mental effort. Hoisting the kite with a press of a key is particularly satisfying.
Club Races on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 18.30
Places are limited but there is still room in the fleet.
For more details and how to join click on Virtual Club Racing
Click here for more Race results & reports
Racing: Regular racing takes the form of class racing - boats race only against their own kind. This makes for bigger, better fleets. WHSC racing classes are the GP14 and the Laser. Club members participate both here and at other venues.
Thinking of learning to sail or windsurf for the first time?
Come along to the Welsh Harp Sailing Club any Thursday evening through to September 5th 2019.
We have qualified instructors, modern boats and boards, buoyancy aids, wind and water - all we need is YOU!
Windsurfing on the Welsh Harp is run by a welcoming team of friendly and enthusiastic volunteer instructors. You can learn, race and just windsurf for fun!As a volunteer club we have no paid staff - so rely on members getting involved and being part of the club in order for us to continue to offer good quality equipment, facilities and training.
As a volunteer-only club, we rely entirely on club members to help out. This includes Training during the summer, and organising Racing and Safety during the year.