WHAT TO BRING
Please note that pillows are no longer supplied; see below:
1. Sleeping bag (with liner if you wish) and a pillow. These can be hired from Commodore Yachting in the marina, by prior arrangement - see Hiring Equipment.
2. Non marking rubber soled shoes (for use on board) and sea boots or non marking boots that can get wet if the weather turns foul. Foul weather gear can be hired from Commodore Yachting in the marina, by prior arrangement - see Hiring Equipment.
3. Over clothing. You need weather proof clothing for foul weather. Don't forget that the ambient temperature out at sea is usually much cooler than on land and that we are in the changeable British Isles, so some thermal layers should be brought along as well.
4. Safety equipment. The boat is coded as a charter boat so there are life jackets, life lines and other safety equipment on board, enough for everyone. Buoyancy aids as used on the Harp are NOT suitable.
5. If you take any medication, you must bring enough for the trip plus some spare in case we are delayed due to bad weather. You must also bring any dosing and administering instructions for the medication in case it becomes necessary for it to administered by a third party. It is also important to declare any special medical conditions to the skipper before going aboard.
6. Food and drink. You are welcome to bring any special foods or particular likes with you. On board catering is taken care of usually on the evening before the trip and the costs shared. See below.
The most convenient shop is now the Aldi supermarket next to the marina. There is also a Morrison’s supermarket at the top of the high street which can also be reached easily by road (3mins). There is also an Asda behind Haslar Marina and a Waitrose in the Town Centre.
HOW TO GET TO BRISBANE STAR
M27 - junction 11 (Gosport and Fareham). Please note that from 2019 the M27 is being turned into a 'Smart Motorway', which means that there are likely to be delays for years!
A27 – Fareham – follow signs to Gosport.
At the roundabout with Tesco (RHS) turn left under the bridge onto A32.
Follow A32 and signs to Gosport.
Continue (long road) on A32 to Gosport, eventually Spinnaker Tower comes into view.
Pass: Weevil Lane on left
Harbour Road on left
Arthur’s Chandlery on right, then, after 60-70m
Turn left into Gosport Marina entrance just before The Castle Tavern.
The car park entrance is on the left with a barrier. There are special rates for Commodore Yachting charters.
BY TRAIN OR COACH
Portsmouth Harbour Station/ Coach Terminus. Turn left and walk 50-70m to the Gosport Ferry.
Take the Gosport Ferry - £3.80 or Seniors £2.60 return fares from ticket machines at the ferry pontoon – EXACT MONEY ONLY.
ARRIVAL AT THE MARINA
Go to the marina office and state your boat (Brisbane Star) so that you can get a swipe key fob for entry to the marina and the showers/toilets. Go down the gangway – Brisbane Star is usually the first boat immediately at the end of the gangway.